This WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course takes place over three days. You will discover the main wine regions around the world and their grape varieties. At the end of your training, you will be able to recognize the different styles of wine produced from these grape varieties, read a label and suggest various food and wine pairings. After this program, you will have a strong knowledge base to start a career in the wine industry.
21 hours of training (including study time and exam). Taste 44 wines.
• Understand the development of different styles of wine
• Assimilate the factors that influence the style of wine
• Discover the main white and red grape varieties and their characteristics
• Explore the major wine regions where these grape varieties are grown in the world
• Understand the elaboration of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
• Decipher labelling terms
• Understand the principles of food and wine pairing
• Learn how to describe a wine according to the WSET Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting® (Level 2)
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is designed for those who already have some basic knowledge of wine and wish to acquire a solid foundation in wine tasting and reinforce their understanding of wine styles around the world. It is suitable for wine lovers and those who wish to start a career in wine.
You must be 18 years old to register.
• Excellent comprehension and writing in the selected language are also encouraged to follow the training.
A minimum of 12 hours of personal preparation with the study pack is required prior to the training in order to ensure successful completion. Carefully read the book and practice the exam-type questions included in the Study Guide.
Once you are registered for a session, you will receive your training material, including: • The “Wines: Looking behind the label” book • A Study Guide and training exercises • A summary sheet of the WSET Systematic Approachto Wine Tasting® (Level 2)
At the end of the course there will be 45-minute exam consisting of 30 multiple-choice questions. To you must answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass. It is possible to retake the exam at a later date if necessary for an additional fee.
21 hours of training (exam included)
Three 7-hour sessions over three consecutive days. From 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and then from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm including a one hour exam on the last day.
ALL COURSES ARE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH. OUR INSTRUCTORS ALL SPEAK FRENCH AND CAN TRANSLATE TERMS AND SPECIFICS IF NEEDED, BUT ONLY ENGLISH WILL BE SPOKEN OTHERWISE.
NEXT COURSE OFFERINGS:
September 13-15 - Loire