Discover the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell and taste, and develop the basic skills to accurately describe a wine and select food and wine pairings.
6 hours of training (including study time and exam). Taste 14 wines.
• Understand the main types and styles of wine
• Discover the most common grape varieties and their characteristics
• Learn how to store and serve wine
• Understand the main principles of food and wine pairing
• Learn wine tasting vocabulary and phrases
• Introduction to tasting according to the WSET Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting®
This is a first practical approach to the world of wine. It is intended for amateurs, wine lovers and curious, as well as for people wishing to find their first job in the wine industry and who do not have prior wine knowledge
• This training does not require prior knowledge of wine.
• You must be 18 years old to register.
• Comprehension and writing skills in the selected language are required.
No personal preparation is required prior to the training.
On the first morning you will receive the course materials: the study guide “Introduction to Wine”, self-assessment exercises and tasting grids for the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting® (Level 1).
The exam contains 50 multiple-choice questions and takes place during the last hour of the course. To pass, you must answer 55% correctly. Results are sent by email about 8 weeks after the exam date. The certificate and pin will then be mailed. It is possible to resit the exam at a later date for a fee of €80.
Single Day format
Course runs from 9:00 am -12:00 pm and then 2:00 - 5:00 pm, with a 1.5 hour break for lunch. Exam at the end of the day.
ALL COURSES ARE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH. OUR INSTRUCTORS ALL SPEAK FRENCH AND CAN TRANSLATE TERMS AND SPECIFICS IF NEEDED, BUT ONLY ENGLISH WILL BE SPOKEN OTHERWISE.
NEXT COURSE OFFERINGS:
August 4 - Loire